My mission is to provide cutting edge surgical care with a personal touch. I like to understand my patients’ vision concerns so I can recommend the right treatments to meet their needs. As the owner of Westlake eye, I pride myself on our excellent teamwork and compassionate care.
Dr. Vendal is a board-certified ophthalmologist and surgeon who is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and the owner of Westlake Eye Specialists. She has practiced in Central Texas for over 15 years has been voted Austin Top Doc by her peers in 2013, 2019, and 2020. In 2017 she was also recognized as a Woman to Watch by Ausin Womens Magazine.
Dr. Vendal is committed to cutting edge technology in both cataract surgery and glaucoma surgery. She was the first surgeon in the US to implant the RESTOR Active Focus Toric implant which gave patients access to both near vision and astigmatism correction at the same time. After training at Harvard’s Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary for glaucoma, she also brought MIGS technology to the Austin area with the use of the OMNI canaloplasty device allowing for a minimally invasive approach to glaucoma surgery.
Dr. Vendal’s commitment to the Austin community remains a priority. She currently serves on the Board of Directors at the Contemporary Austin Museum. She also served as the president of the Board for ConnectHer, an organization devoted to the advancement of women and girls locally and internationally. In 2019, she was honored to be named a candidate for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society’s Man/Woman of the Year initiative in Austin.
- College: University of Texas at Austin – B.A. in Biology
- Medical School: UT Health Science Center – San Antonio
- Internship in Medicine: University of North Carolina hospitals at Chapel Hill
- Residency in ophthalmology: Penn State University
- Fellowship in Glaucoma: Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye, and Ear Infirmary
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Low-tension Glaucoma
- Dry eye treatment in Glaucoma patients
- Case studies in Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery