Dr. Stan Saulny is a Board Certified Eye Physician and Surgeon who is a Diplomat of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He specializes in oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids and upper face as well as general ophthalmology.
Dr. Saulny also works with patients who deal with Hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating of the palms, armpits, and feet.
Eye plastic surgery, sometimes referred to as oculoplastic surgery, is done not only for cosmetic reasons, but also for the treatment of age-related changes to the eyelids (such as droopy eyelids), for rehabilitation after trauma (automobile accidents, facial burns), and for reconstruction after removal of facial tumors.
- College: U.S. Air Force Academy, B.S. in Human Factors Engineering (served as an engineer and captain)
- College: University of Southern California, M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School – Boston, MA
- Internship in Medicine: Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation – New Orleans, LA
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Jules Stein Eye Institute – Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship in Oculoplastic Surgery: Casey Eye Institute – Portland, OR
Dr. Saulny’s goal is to make sure his patients appear natural and rejuvenated after surgery. He believes it is well worth the extra effort it takes to do his best to avoid leaving the tell-tale signs of conventional facial plastic surgery.
“I feel it is very important to have a thorough discussion with every patient about their goals and expectations prior to any surgical procedure,” Dr. Saulny states. He continues, “This applies not only to our cosmetic patients but to the reconstructive patients as well. In general, my philosophy is never to make a patient ‘look’ as though they’ve had plastic surgery.
My goal is to make patients appear natural and rejuvenated after surgery. I believe it is well worth the extra effort it takes to do my best to avoid leaving the tell-tale signs of conventional facial plastic surgery.”
Dr. Saulny’s education includes medical training at Harvard Medical School, general ophthalmology residency at UCLA’s Jules Stein Eye Institute, and a plastic surgery fellowship at Oregon’s Casey Eye Institute.
His undergraduate degree was obtained from the United States Air Force Academy, where he studied engineering, followed by a master’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Southern California. Prior to becoming a physician, Dr. Saulny served as an engineer and captain in the U.S. Air Force.
- Oculoplastics Including Eyelid Surgery & Reconstruction
- Cosmetic & Medical BOTOX & Xeomin
- Tear Duct & Tear Draining Problems