Ophthalmologist in Austin, TX
Dr. Stanciu is a board-certified ophthalmologist who is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology. She specializes in oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Non-surgical cosmetic treatments (BOTOX and Fillers)
- Eyelid malposition (Entropion and Ectropion)
- Eyelid reconstruction
- Eyelid tumors
- Enucleation and Eviscerations
- Orbital tumors
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Tear drainage system
- BOTOX for eyelid and facial spasms
- College: Cornell University – B.A. in Policy Analysis and Management
- Medical School: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Internship in Medicine: Jackson Memorial Hospital – Miami, FL
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Fellowship in Oculofacial Plastic, Facial Cosmetic Surgery, and Orbital Surgery: TOC Eye and Face
Dr. Natalie Stanciu was born and raised in Long Island, New York. After placing second at the NY state tennis championship and traveling throughout the country competing in national tournaments, Dr. Stanciu went on to play for the Cornell University women’s tennis team. In 2002 she graduated with honors from this prestigious school with a bachelor’s degree in Policy Analysis and Management.
She then attended the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine where she was given recognition for her community service work. After medical school, Dr. Stanciu completed an internal medicine internship at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida. She then stayed in Miami and completed her three-year residency in ophthalmology.
She came to Austin, Texas in 2011 and completed a two-year, prestigious, and highly sought after her fellowship in orbital and oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgery at TOC. This fellowship is approved by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is highly specialized, graduating with only approximately fifteen physicians nationwide each year.
She has presented at numerous national meetings and authored several scientific research papers in addition to a clinical book chapter. She has volunteered her medical services all over the world including Haiti, Vietnam, and Egypt. Dr. Stanciu’s interests include spending time with her husband and three children. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, playing tennis, painting, and photography. She speaks Spanish, Romanian, and French and is a third-generation physician.